Saturday, April 23, 2005

An Introduction

Hello fellow knitters! I'm Kristin. I've been knitting for almost 5 years now, and since then, yarn has become my passion. I'm also a new spinner. My blog is Bite This Knit Bit.

I started on the GAAA in January, and have since completed 11 squares. (#11 is blocking right now.) So far, it's one of the most enjoyable projects I've tackled. I love aran patterns, natural colored wool is my favorite color to work with, and since each square is a mini project, I feel like I have a little FO each time. Plus, each pattern has taught me a new technique or two, making it even more invaluable. I'm thrilled to see others knitting it too.

Aside from knitting, I am a freelance graphic artist and website designer. Although it takes time away from my knitting, it funds my yarn addiction quite nicely. ;) I also hand make soap and body products, and dabble in many other forms of arts and crafts. But... knitting will always be my first love.

7 comments:

deletethisaccount said...

Thanks for the intro Kristin! I've been reading your blog lately and just love it! the format is quite beautiful too.
I feel the same about this afghan ... I've learned something with each block so far. I think I may start a little notebook of tips and tricks so I don't forget them all *lol*

Silver said...

Thank you Carissa :)

Kim in Oregon said...

Kristin...11 squares! Wowza!

Michelle said...

You give me hope that I might be able to get it done in time for my sister's wedding at the end of July.

BTW, I'm not only a newbie to this site but to blogging in general. I feel stupid asking this since usually I'm the one people come to with their computer questions but, um, how do I create a new post?

wittyknits said...

Michelle,

If you go to blogger.com, you should be able to log in and see your "dashboard" which will have a create post link for this blog. Once you click that, you'll see the block to type into.

You have to "re-publish" the blog to then see it show up on the site--there will be a button for that as you go through.

--Amy

Michelle said...

I presume you mean in the section where it lists your blogs? That section is empty for me, and I don't see any other options that look like what you're describing.

wittyknits said...

Michelle--

Just sent you an email that should help you out. Looks like you got deleted somehow.

--Amy