Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Ready.....Set......

I'm sort of making progress on the "getting started" part of the afghan. A large box of yarn arrived yesterday, and this morning I got to pick up the pattern book from the post office.

Feeling the yarn, looking through the patterns, and seeing your beautiful squares has me chomping at the bit to get started, but of course since I'm a college student writing a thesis (which requires pretty much all of what used to be my crafting time), I purposefully left all my needles at home. Which means that now I have to decide whether to buy duplicates, drive home (~3 hours each way) and get my old neeldes, or talk the bf into buying me fancy new needles (anyone who hasn't been to Turn Of The Century should go there right now; just remember to sit back a little from the screen so you don't drool all over the keyboard). The jury's still out, but I'm finding myself impatient enough that I may just head over to the nearest JoAnn and grab another set of metal needles.

By the way, what does everyone think of the color? I'm still a bit uncertain if the afghan will look as classic in this purple.

5 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Hi Michelle!

I like the color...I don't think the afghan will look quite as classic but it will be a cross between classic and fun, which should end up looking great.

And go buy the needles, girlfriend. How can you sit with pattern and yarn and *not knit*? Thesis be damned! (Just kidding. But you need a little break).

wittyknits said...

I like the purple--it's not too bright, but adds some interest--have you seen the multicolored one linked over in the sidebar of the blog? That proved to me that this afghan can work in color too.

Silver said...

I love the purple. I actually considered doing mine in purple, but went with the traditional white at the last minute. It'll be great!! :)

deletethisaccount said...

LOVE the color! and can't wait to see some blocks in it :)

Misty said...

I like that purple a lot - I'd say you picked the right purple for this blanket, if you're doing it in any other color than the white! Can't wait to see your first square!