Saturday, August 12, 2006

Finished!


I finally finished my afghan last weekend, but have been too busy to post about it until now. I must say, it feels like the end of a marathon! That's thirty squares and twenty-two feet of border there. For those wondering about its size, it's a (very late) wedding present for my sister and brother-in-law, and I wanted them to be able to snuggle under it together.

It actually took less yarn than I thought; only 23 balls of the Encore (I had bought 25, and have been terrified for the last year that that wasn't enough). More details about the finished afghan here.

7 comments:

strikkeforsker said...

Congratulations!
It is absolutely gorgeous, I love the purple colour.

wittyknits said...

I love that you decided to repeat just a few of the squares. Very nice!!

Carol said...

Stunning! I love the way you did alternating squares in each row. I also really appreciate your fun facts! Inquiring minds want to know...

Zazzu said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment.

The newlyweds will love it. It's so beautiful and looks so cuddly too.

Micky said...

It is very beautiful! And such a yummy color.
:)

narmelle said...

my God, I love it !!!! congratulations, it is wonderful

Nancy said...

Great. How did you do chart B?