Monday, August 28, 2006

New addition to blog



Hi everybody,

I'm new to this blog (actually new to any blog). I ordered the pattern to the "Great American Aran Afghan" last week, after discovering it in an old copy of "Knitter's Magazine". Reading all the entries here has been very entertaining and has made me wanting to start the project as soon as possible. Unfortunately, there is one small hitch: I need to finish my current project first (see picture), which is a Aran sweater for a friend who is 6 foot 5! I'm working on the front of the body right now and can't wait to start with the shoulder straps, as I have never used this technique before. The pattern is from knitpicks (link to pattern).
I have been knitting since I was 6 years old and I'm always on the lookout for new challenges. This aran afghan seems to be quite up my alley, since every square is different, which should keep my interest. Thank you all for your tips and tricks, joining this at a later stage definitely has it's advantages.

Happy knitting!

No comments: