Friday, March 13, 2009

Introduction - squares 1 & 2

Hi, my name is Céline and I live in South of France.
I fell in love with the GAAA while surfing around blogs a few months ago, bought the pattern book online, took some time to choose the right yarn for me (Lammy Yarn’s Irlandais) and jumped in knitting my first blocks a few days ago.
So far I’ve knit 4 blocks noted the easiest ones in the booklet :

Ginette Belanger’s,


Barbara Selesnick’s,

Hanna Burns’ (not an easy one in my humble opinion, following the different charts with different row counts is a little tricky) and Julie H. Levy’s (without the bobbles). I'll post a picture of the last two later.
I’ll probably switch the blocks I don’t like with some of the GAA and some of other inspirations (celtic knots, cables untangled, Taste of Aran Afghan, Burridge Lake Aran, etc).
Happy knitting !

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had problems with Hanna Burns', also. Went along swimmingly for about 2/3 of the way, then saw where I did a little goof in the Trinity stitch (chart D). Frogged more than half way and continued to make mistakes in chartD to the point I was frogging more and re-knitting less rows every time. Gave up (temporarily) on it and it's in the drawer "thinking" about what it's done. I'll try again later.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!