Monday, July 11, 2005

Stats

I have 8 days left.

I have 2.5 squares left to knit.
I will then have about 7 squares to block. And all 20 to sew together.
I have about 2 feet of border knitted.

I have a full time job. (Though I do have part of Wednesday off)

Will I make it? Maybe.

I do think I've made a definite decision to give up on the Salpekar square. While it's one of my favorite designs in the book, and I did finally figure out the invisible cast on with the help of someone at my Stitch n' Bitch this weekend (I just needed to know that yes, I could use my normal way of doing a provisional cast on -- not the wacky way in the book) I think it's just too challenging to do this late in the game. It took me 2 hours to do an inch of the center square! Perhaps I'll make myself a pillow with my leftovers and give that a shot after my deadline. In the meantime, I'm thinking of doing another one of the in the round ones (the Campbell was the only one I did).

1 comment:

wittyknits said...

I'm actually supposed to be at a knitting & spa day on Sunday with one of my stitch n' bitch groups Sunday, so if all my knitting is done, I'll have people to keep my brain busy while I'm sewing up. That should help.

Thanks for your vote of confidence!!