Well, I didn't quite make my goal of finishing the Ann Strong square this weekend, but I got 2/3 of the way through it. I spent two hours straight working on it yesterday, which was pretty good. I have a hard time working on these squares for long stretches at a time.
Here it is so far. This photo reinforces my decision to start blocking now:
I would suggest this is a good square for the non-chart users to try to use charts with. Since the bulk of the patterns are done in seed stitch, it would be a good one for learning how to read the charts, since you'll be able to see what you should be doing on the piece fairly easily too.
I'm officially 5 squares behind now, as my sister's wedding is 11 weeks away, and I almost have 4 done. I'd better pick up the pace!